The loudspeaker is the weakest link in the audio chain.
The loudspeaker itself
- The loudspeaker is the biggest source of distortion.
- It is the limiting factor of the bandwidth.
- And it is the most inefficient part of the whole audio chain.
- The combination of drivers with passive filters and/or bass reflex ports are imprecise and unstable, are sensitive to the temperature of the voice coils of the drivers and ruins the balance between the drivers.
The interaction between loudspeaker and amplifier
- The traditional amplifier with voltage-drive increases the distortion of the loudspeakers.
- The traditional amplifier with voltage-drive effects the response of the loudspeaker drivers.
The interaction between loudspeaker and room
- The placement of loudspeakers in a normal listening room colors the sound and ruins bass response and stereo image.